- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- The Calgary Cancer Centre is my favourite DIALOG project because it is a classic representation of DIALOG: all of DIALOG's inner communities working together to design a beacon of hope and care for a community in which we live.
- What’s one thing about you that would surprise people?
- When people walk into our home, they are often surprised to see the number and variety of musical instruments in our living room and that I learned to play them all as an adult. What doesn’t surprise them is to find out that when I play music, music usually loses.
- What’s your favourite pastime?
- Staying involved in baseball with my adult children – either coaching young ball players, mentoring young umpires, or working as an umpire with one of my sons.
Mark is a seasoned finance professional with over 30 years of experience as a Chief Financial Officer, Vice President of Finance, and Corporate Controller. He joined DIALOG in 2017, and is a proven strategic leader with a track record of successfully managing multiple teams across Canada and the U.S. Mark’s experience spans a variety of sectors including oil & gas, clean energy, and financial services. Mark brings an easy-going and relaxed working style to our Calgary studio. He has an uncommon ability to simplify complex issues. In Mark's own words, he loves "connecting a business with the numbers."
I love being part of a design practice that is focused on improving communities, and to see DIALOG's tangible impact on communities across Canada.Mark Alenius
- Chartered Professional Accountant CPA Alberta
- Bachelor of Commerce, Finance University of Alberta