- What's your favourite DIALOG initiative?
- Our yearly United Way campaign. We do a Wine Survivor event with this campaign, and it's great to see teams come together to find a way to stay on DIALOG island. The bonus of winning a couple of bottles of wine is great too!
- If you could work a ‘day in the life’ of another discipline at DIALOG, whose would it be?
- Contract Administration. I love being on-site and solving issues throughout the construction phase of a project.
- What’s one thing about you that would surprise people?
- I have a black belt in karate.
As DIALOG’s leader of design technology, Megan brings innovation to the firm while keeping a pulse on existing technology solutions. She is passionate about architecture and the emerging technologies that create and surround the built environment. Meghan leverages design technology to engage others in finding and delivering the best solutions and encouraging collaboration throughout project lifecycles. Training and education as the cornerstones of Megan’s approach. She implements BIM technology and standards across the DIALOG community, improving design processes, helping teams at all project stages, and successfully reducing the number of issues that arise over the arc of a project. In her tenure at DIALOG, Megan has evolved our Design Technology team into a creative hub for delivering knowledge to DIALOGers and clients. Within the broader field, Megan participates in the Edmonton Construction Association with the Young Professionals Group (YP Merge) as a BIM representative, sits on the Board of Directors for the International Facility Management Association of Northern Alberta (IFMA NAC), and is member of the digitization and data glossary task group for CanBIM, and is the Event Director for the Edmonton BIM Community (eBIMc).
- Architectural Technology Diploma Northern Alberta Institute of Technology