- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- The Energy Environment and Experiential Learning (EEEL) Building at the University of Calgary. We worked with a fabulous client and a dedicated design/construction team who shared a unique, collective vision for what an advanced learning environment can be.
- What's one quote you live by?
- I strive to strike a balance between "Less is more" and "Less is a bore."
- Where's your happy place?
- My happy place is especially heightened at those "aha moments" in one's life, where there is a profound sense of awe, insight or discovery.
Robert loves pushing the boundaries of conventional building design. He joined our team in 1995, and has over 35 years of design and construction experience. He specializes in laboratory, healthcare, long-term care, educational, and commercial building types. He enjoys collaborating with client, stakeholder and consultant teams to solve complex problems.
Robert is an active member of Calgary's Chinese community. He has served as president of the Sien Lok Society of Calgary and is a member of the Hong Kong Canada Business Association. Robert has also worked with many special interest groups in Calgary's Chinatown on a variety of public and private causes.
What gets me motivated is trying to make a difference in the world and seeing those accomplishments through the lens of satisfied building occupants.Robert Jim
- Bachelor of Science, Zoology University of Alberta
- Bachelor of Architecture University of British Columbia