- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- My favourite DIALOG project is the Valley Line LRT, Edmonton's inaugural low-floor, urban-style light rail transit system, because it involves such a diverse and integrated team of consultants and will transform how thousands of people move around the city.
- What’s your favourite way to give back to the community?
- I love to give back to the community by supporting organizations that empower women to pursue and succeed in the fields of engineering, science and technology!
- Where's your happy place?
- My happy place is anywhere near a body of water – the bigger, the better!
Sandra joined DIALOG in 2011 as a structural engineer and has since transitioned into the role of project manager as a part of DIALOG’s emerging transit design team. Sandra has a budding passion for transit design, driven by its potential to reshape cities, connect communities, and revitalize businesses. Her transit-oriented development work includes the Valley Line West LRT in Edmonton.
Sandra specializes in managing the architectural and engineering design of structures, stops, stations, and facilities. She works from a Sustainable Urban Integration lens, approaching a project by the way it looks, feels, and integrates into the urban fabric of the communities it serves.
Previously, Sandra was involved in the structural engineering design and contract administration for major institutional projects including the Royal Alberta Museum, Norquest Singhmar Centre for Learning, and the Edson Healthcare Centre. Sandra particularly enjoys working with diverse teams of consultants to develop mutually beneficial design solutions, uniting different priorities and concerns.
Sandra is committed to empowering young women and promoting gender equality in the fields of science, engineering, and technology, and she serves on the Board of Directors for the Friends of WISEST Society, which she helped to found in 2017 to raise funds for Women in Scholarship, Engineering, Science and Technology (WISEST).
The best thing about engineering is that it translates passion into something real that makes a difference in the world.Sandra Renihan
- Master of Structural Engineering University of Alberta
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering (Biomedical Engineering Option) University of Alberta