- What's your favourite DIALOG initiative?
- The Master Class series draws upon the vast talent base of everyone at DIALOG to promote and advance creative though, ideation, and storytelling, which ultimately builds and fosters design culture.
- Where do you find inspiration?
- Observing everyday life.
- What’s your favourite pastime?
- Creating art.
Steve has been an advocate for design excellence since joining our Toronto studio in 2008. He's focused on purpose-built environments that cultivate communities and enrich everyday life.
With over 20 years of design and project management experience, Steve's project background is diverse. He has ample experience maintaining all aspects of the design process, and is known for his in-depth knowledge of integrated design issues. He has high standards in design innovation and project execution.
Steve's expansive knowledge-base of building types includes academic, long-term healthcare, community and residential housing, hospitality, commercial office, and other institutional projects.
As a strategic project leader and collaborator, Steve has promoted design leadership at all phases of project planning and development. He is a champion of integrated and sustainable design practices and is committed to connecting buildings with the fabric of their geographic context.
Steve supports his team in elevating design standards in the public realm. He led our team in the design and construction of the Bill Fisch Forest Stewardship and Education Centre located in the York Region Hollidge Tract. Steve successfully maintained the project vision and goals of this integrated, innovative, multi-stakeholder project, which received both LEED® Platinum and Living Building Challenge certifications.
Being able to enrich a person's life is a profound privilege.Steve Sestic
- Master of Architecture University of Toronto
- Bachelor of Technology, Architectural Science Ryerson University
- Bachelor of Arts University of Toronto