- What's your favourite DIALOG initiative?
- The Iris Prize. It provides an opportunity to be innovative and think beyond our everyday. It pushes our creativity and allows us to imagine progression.
- Where do you find inspiration?
- In people and how they respond to the world.
- What's one quote you live by?
- Two favorite quotes:
“In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” -Albert Einstein
"Never accept mediocrity." -Susan's dad
Susan pushes the design quality and aspirations of our Calgary studio's retail/mixed-use team. She is passionate about the role retail and commercial spaces play in our everyday lives. Her work focuses on creating places where people can thrive. Susan believes that retail environments have a responsibility to contribute to the wellbeing of our communities and the environment we all share.
Susan joined us in 1999, a move that brought her from the client side to becoming a critical part of our team. She understands the challenges our clients face and works diligently to balance the project vision with the everyday complexities of the business. As a creative master planner, Susan can synthesize complex mixed-use issues into a succinct and rational solution for any project.
In addition to work at the Calgary studio, Susan collaborates with clients and teams across the country on complex projects. For every project that Susan is involved in, she brings passion, energy, enthusiasm, and a strong desire to make meaningful change. When Susan isn't advancing the thinking on mixed-use space with her fellow DIALOGers, she enjoys spending time with her family, travelling, and enjoying a glass of wine and some cheese on a patio somewhere.
- Bachelor of Interior Design Ryerson University
- Science and Economics University of Calgary