- What conversation topic could you never resist?
- Distribution networks. Any problem that we have on the planet, whether it's water, wealth, education or healthcare, can be traced back to a distribution issue.
- What’s one thing about you that would surprise people?
- I used to be a tennis coach.
Before joining DIALOG in 2008, Willem practiced architecture in South Africa. He immigrated to Canada after completing work on a complex 170-hectare mixed-use project in China. His experience covers a broad spectrum of project typologies with a particular focus on design quality and leadership, and his attention is currently focused on private sector developments in Alberta.
Willem currently leads the programming and design of industrial, light industrial, office business parks, commercial buildings, and retail precincts. He skillfully maintains long-standing client relationships while fostering new client, consultant, and contractor alliances. He approaches every project with new eyes. Resisting the temptation to repeat the tried and true, he always seeks to take a novel, innovative approach to his work.
Willem is an active member of the Urban Land Institute, NAIOP (commercial real estate development association), and the International Council of Shopping Centres (ICSC). A passionate teacher at heart, Willem loves to support people’s development and growth. Outside of work, he is happiest on the golf course, tennis court, or riding his bike with his daughters.
My work and my life are inspired by something my father used to always say: "have fun!"Willem Kellerman
- Master of Architecture Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University