We’re very excited to announce that DIALOG, along with the rest of the Acciona-Ghella Joint Venture team, has been chosen as the preferred proponent for the new Broadway Subway Project in Vancouver, BC.
The team was selected after a competitive process that saw the Province of British Columbia evaluate comprehensive design / build / finance packages from both Acciona-Ghella Joint Venture and Broadway Connect, a consortium made up of Dragados Canada and several companies from the Aecon group.
The subway will be a 5.7km extension of the Millennium SkyTrain line, built for the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure and operated by TransLink. It will have six stations, and will run from the existing VCC-Clark station in East Vancouver to the intersection of Broadway and Arbutus on Vancouver’s West Side. Total budget for the project is $2.83 billion. Work on the project is expected start in fall 2020.
DIALOG’s role will be to provide integrated architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and planning and landscape services for underground stations and at-grade exits / street interfaces. The DIALOG team will be responsible for the two end stations on the new line: Great Northern Way and Arbutus. Great Northern Way will be the first station built, and it will set important precedents for the others to follow.
The new Broadway Subway Project is a city-building project. When you look at the positive impact of the Canada Line rapid transit line to YVR Airport, it’s easy to see how the new subway will have the same positive effect on the Broadway Corridor and areas as far west as the UBC campus.Martin Nielsen, Principal-in-Charge
The complete Acciona-Ghella Joint Venture team includes the following companies:
- Proponent - Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc. / Ghella Canada Ltd.
- Design-build contractor - Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc. / Ghella Canada Ltd.
- Design contractor - IBI Group Professional Services (Canada) Inc. / DIALOG BC Architecture Engineering Interior Design Planning Inc. / Mott MacDonald Canada Ltd. / Ingenieria Especializada Obra Civil e Industrial, S.A.
- Systems integration contractor - Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc. / Ghella Canada Ltd. / Parsons Inc.
- Tunnel contractor - Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc. / Ghella Canada Ltd.