The Spec Start DIALOG Scholarship was created to increase awareness and understanding of the specifications role in the design industry, and to foster the new generation of specifiers.
The scholarship recipient will receive $5,000 in addition to a 4-month paid work term in one of DIALOG’s four Canadian studios’ specifications departments*. There, they will learn first-hand how to write, edit, and review construction specifications, and assist our professional discipline team members in the preparation of their technical content.
*Work-terms are available for May-August, September-December, or January-April; all living expenses and any relocation expenses associated with the requested DIALOG location are the responsibility of the scholarship recipient.
- Who’s eligible
The scholarship is open to:
- Canadian students in their third or final year of an architecture, landscape architecture, or engineering degree; OR
- Canadian students in their final year of an architectural technologist, landscape architectural technologist, or engineering technologist diploma.
Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent.
- How to apply
We’re looking for someone who's passionate about improving community wellbeing and the environment we all share, and wants to be part of an integrated design team.
Complete the Apply Now form below and attach the following:
- An essay of 500-words or less explaining why this scholarship interests you.
- Your academic record.
- Application deadline
Applications will be accepted annually between September 1 and January 15.
- How the recipient is selected
The recipient of the Spec Start DIALOG Scholarship will be selected based on their essay and academic performance.
- Ready to start your journey?